Good morning Everyone!
This post today will be my 108th post. I have been blogging since February 22, and this is as good a time as any to take stock of what I have learned since then.
1) It is wonderful to be able to write something someone else reads and have them say, “I like that!”
2) I have written approximately 54,000 words in 108 posts which have included 516 images. Each post has taken (on average, unless lots of pictures are involved) 45 minutes or less to write. That is equivalent at least to a novella!
3) I can sit down every day and write. In fact, I enjoy doing it.
4) SEO does not involve a corporation’s management structure, bounce rate is not a basketball statistic and “keyword” and “password” are not equivalent terms.
5) The “site stats” page on WordPress is addictive.
6) So is getting Freshly Pressed. It happened to me once, (Rules I Never Thought I’d Need) and I still harbor a faint hope with every post I make that another one will get Freshly Pressed some day…
7) There are lots of extremely interesting people from all over the world who read this blog. I have had the chance to get to know some of them.
8) My family and friends read this blog almost every day – devotion above and beyond the call of duty. Some people who didn’t know me originally read this blog almost every day, too, which is really amazing!
9) My daughter is an exceptionally good sport to let me write about her. The dogs don’t really care what I write about them. Mandy is much better at finishing her food now that I write beside her while she eats. (Dog Rules)
10) Toasted bagels with peanut butter and typing on a keyboard are a messy combination.
11) Someone out there keeps searching “husky-basset hound mixes.” Whoever you are, I would be really interested to know why. I thought we had the only husky-basset hound mix in the world.
12) No matter how many cameras you have, (I’m at 3 right now), you still can manage to forget to bring one when you need it.
13) Even the most mundane things are funny, if you look at them the right way. (Light Switches.)
14) I love to hear from you, and am very grateful to every reader who has taken the time to comment on a blog.
15) Pens continue to disappear at an alarming rate at my house. (Of Waves and Pens.)
16) Life is beautiful and it is fun to share!
Have a great day everyone!