Good morning Everyone!
My mini-summer vacation and Kayla’s full summer vacation came to an end on Monday, and so I thought I’d share what I learned over my summer vacation.
1) I like not having to get up before 6 a.m.
2) Work expands to fill the time available for it.
3) Planning is essential, even when you’re off. Otherwise nothing gets done.
4) A six-week mini-break definitely helps when you are moving into one house and getting another ready to sell.
5) A parent can come up with multiple, innovative ways to discipline a 10-year-old, and the 10-year-old can still come up with multiple, innovative ways to drive the parent over the edge.
6) Kayla works very well with animals; both Darwin and Mandy are much better behaved at the end of this summer than they were at the beginning and it is all due to her training. Mandy still grazes counters at will and Darwin still likes to chew, though!
7) My little girl is growing up way too fast. I”m glad she’s still willing to hold hands.
8) Stay at home parents work as hard as parents who work outside the home. It’s just that the rhythms of the jobs are different.
9) Even off work, the temperatures in July and August in Alabama vary between miserable and intolerable.
10) The dogs like having me home during the day.
11) I don’t mind hanging around with myself, after all.
12) I didn’t take a nap everyday like I thought I would!
13) Farmville is a lot of fun, but it takes way too much time to play.
14) Picking up is even more important in a small house than in a large house.
15) Your friends at work are still your friends even when you’re off work.
16) Cooking is not my calling.
Have a great day everyone!
I enjoyed this very much Nancy. It is lovely that Kayla still wants to hold hands.
Some day (probably soon) she won’t be willing to do it any more, so I treasure every hand-holding moment I can have with her!
So glad you had a good time!! We are so glad to have you back!
Thanks Emily! I’m glad to be back.
I’d nominate those for philosophical principles that would rival the ancient Greeks gems of wisdom! LOL Sandy
If the Ancient Greeks had summer vacation, that is….
These are all so cute and very wise words from a working mom on a summer break!! so nice that you could take this time!!
Thanks! I have been back to work for two weeks now, and I have to say I do miss being on vacation a little bit!
Yes, I was very fortunate to be able to do it. I would strongly recommend summer vacation to anyone who can do it!