Good morning Everyone!
I recently have had occasion to reflect upon the adventure of moving.
You know you’re moving if:
1) You changed all of the shelf paper in the house any time recently.
2) You order new checks with your address on it.
3) You are on a first name basis with The Home Depot greeter who keeps a stack of boxes reserved especially for you.
4) Images of full trash bags dance in your head.
5) You tell someone, “I don’t care what it costs; all of the books are coming with us!”
6) You have to search your 12-year-old daughter’s bags every time you leave the old house going to the new house to be sure she isn’t trying to sneak more toys to the new house than her room will hold.
7) Your husband gives you an uneasy glance when you inform him that you and you alone will be packing the craft room.
8) You raise the art of swearing at the tape gun that refuses to work correctly for you to new heights.
9) You are seriously considering donating everything you own to charity and then moving to Key West where you will live in a tent in ultra minimalist style.
10) You ditch the Key West idea because two parents, one 12-year-old and three dogs are too much for one tent to hold indefinitely.
11) You have to navigate a labyrinth of boxes to reach either end of the house. While navigating, you discover where the book boxes are by running into them. The following trip to the ER is optional.
Have a great day!
Are you moving again, or is this just cherished memories? 😉
Last time I moved was in Feb. 1987. I have cleaned out numerous times since then, but would not look forward to having to pack up all this stuff that seems to just appear out of nowhere.
Have a wonderful day, Nancy.
No, we moved again. Our house has been for sale for two years, and last month a couple came by that said they wanted to rent it, so their lease begins April 1, which meant that all of the things we left in the house had to be moved out.