Good morning Everyone!
Here is my list of some of the reasons I enjoy being the mother of a seventh grade girl.
1) I am no longer the most absent-minded person in the house – seventh graders apparently can hold only one thought in their head at a time for a maximum of 20 seconds.
2) I live with 10 children for the price of only one – happy girl, tired girl, sad girl, mad girl….
3) In the person she is today, I catch glimpses of the wonderful woman she will be and the child she used to be – often in only a five-minute span of time!
4) I can beam with pride when she does something extraordinarily thoughtful, like the sweet note she wrote and delivered to her dentist and her staff yesterday right before they pulled four of her teeth…..
5) While wondering at the same time exactly what information she missed in what class that day while writing said note.
6) I have her convinced I’m psychic. When she’s mad at me but can’t say anything, I tell her to stop thinking what she’s thinking and am spot on. She hasn’t yet realized that I remember myself at that age.
7) The social world of the seventh grade girl and her friends is even more exciting than General Hospital when I was in college – without the murders, of course.
8) The list of chores she is capable of doing has expanded from individual tasks to whole rooms.
9) We’ve started a family pool betting on the exact date on which she will be taller than me – and I am on the inside track to win said pool!
10) She still will hold my hand and sit on my lap sometimes – and I really love that!
Have a great day!