Good morning Everyone!
I use fast food drive-thrus far more than I should. Here are some of the things that irritate me the most:
1) The failure to follow simple rules of etiquette. The words “please”, “thank you” and “you’re welcome” shouldn’t be considered archaic and outdated!
2) Giving me a regular Coke when I ordered a Diet Coke.
3) Worse, giving me a Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper when I have ordered a Diet Coke.
4) Those drive-thrus that deliberately plot against me by giving me the correct drink 20 times in a row than failing to give me the right drink the one time in 21 trips that I do not check the drink before I pull out of the drive thru. (How do they know?)
5) When did ketchup and napkins become luxury items doled out in dribbles?
6) Getting my order wrong. Especially when I don’t realize it until after I have left the drive thru window.
7) Putting a sign up ordering me to turn off my windshield wipers when I pull up to the window. I do it anyhow, of course, just to be polite, but I don’t appreciate being ordered to do so.
8) Being called “sweetie”, “honey” or “darling” by people half my age.
9) Receiving a deluxe hamburger with only cheese and pickles on it when I asked for a deluxe hamburger with everything on it except cheese and pickles. I think the cook who did that not only bore a grudge but a sense of humor.
10) Asking me for my order, then only entering the first thing I say after I give you the entire order. Then asking me again, only to enter the second thing I say while I give you the entire order. Repeat ad nauseam.
Have a great day!